Desert tour to Koresand
Explore the desert like Koresand, when we take the tractor bus “Havørnen” to Mandø and further to Koresand.
On this tour, we will be driving across the desert-like Koresand and make a stop on the westside of the isolated sandbank – in the middle of the Wadden Sea.
The duration of the tour is approximately 4 hours, and starts with a drive with the tractor bus “Havørnen” from the Wadden Sea centre to Mandø. After a short stop with toilet facilities on Mandø, we drive further on to Koresand. At Koresand you can explore the westside of the sandbank by foot. A nature guide from the Waddden Sea Centre will tell about the Wadden Sea, and it will be possible to ask questions about the Wadden Sea and Koresand. The guide will bring different equipment to catch and explore some of the life we encounter.
The Westside of Koresand is very isolated and is in the middle of nowhere – next stop to the west is England. During high tide and storm surges, fascinating things are often washed ashore. If the wind conditions are right, it might be possible to find amber, other days you will have to “settle” for some of the most fantastic conchs and seashells from the North Sea.
The tour to Koresand is with the tractor bus “Havørnen”
Attention! The tractor bus leaves at the given starting time of the tour, so please be here 15 minutes before.
Adults: 350 DKK
Children (from 3 to 12 yo): 200 DKK
Info from the organizer
– Cancellations must be made at least 14 days prior to tour start for the ticket(s) to be refunded.
– The ticket fee cannot be refunded
– The Wadden Sea Centre can cancel the tour until the day before the tour, due to bad weather conditions or too few participants.
– Clothing: footwear that can withstand sand and saltwater and optionally swimwear if the weather is nice
– Duration: Approx. 4 – 4,5 hours
– This ticket gives a 20 % discount on the entrance fee to the Wadden Sea Center within one week of the tour date.